TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb Pedal Review – 2017 Edition
There is no guitarist in the world who watched the music video of Guns N’ Roses’ iconic song November Rain but never wanted to play like Saul Hudson, aka Slash. Admit it, when you got your first guitar, you could not help picturing yourself in Slash’s place.
But playing like that is not as easy as he made it seem to be. It takes passion, dedication, hard work, patience and nonetheless, an excellent guitar reverb that compliments both your taste and your guitar.
Finding a reverb pedal like that is not very easy either. But you do have a lot of options, and the Hall of Fame Reverb might be the one that suits you the best. At least that is what we found out after we were done with the test run of this HOF Reverb from TC Electronic.
Benefits That Stand Out
The TonePrint Hall of Fame is one of those pedals that gives you a lot of options to play with for the minimum price.
It has some flabbergasting features that will leave you breathless and you will be begging to play with it for some more time. Sounds fantastic? Wait till you try the real thing.
Some of these amazing features are listed below:
- It has true bypass that ensures that you do not lose any tone while playing.
- Stereo in and out adds to the flexibility of this wonderful reverb. It fits any set-up.
- TonePrint gives you immediate access to the custom pedal-tweaks that have been created just for you by your guitar heroes.
- Analog Dry Through ensures maximum tonal integrity and clarity.
The Salient Features
The TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb will never cease to amaze you with its outstanding features. It is just that good. It will make your old reverb sound like a 60 year old tone-deaf guy. Having a hard time believing it? Check out the following features it comes with, and prepare to be blown away.
- It comes with ten distinct reverb modes. Eight out of these modes are fantastic. The other two are very, very good.
- This is a sturdy, professional multi reverb pedal that has super user-friendly and intuitive controls. You don’t have to be an expert to use this professional reverb. As a guitarist, you’ll feel the difference; even if you are a novice.
- After you have tried all ten of the reverb modes, you will find that the pedal goes to an eleventh. This is the TonePrint setting, with which you will be able to download settings by the professionals around the world.
- The long/short switch gives each reverb two individual temperament.
- You can control the optional buffering signal with the two switches that are integrated inside of the pedal.
- No matter what style reverb you like, there are plenty of options available with this reverb that are likely to serve your need.
Pros and Cons
While the Hall of Fame Reverb is a great reverb pedal with plenty of useful options, it is still a machine and therefore, not without downsides. But where even the best of us have our limitations, this is only a reverb pedal. You cannot expect it to be perfect.
However, fortunately so, this reverb pedal comes with so many nice positives that we were bound to not make a big deal out of its few negative sides.
Therefore, while we are all about recommending this pedal, we would still ask you to check out both the positive and negative sides before buying this pedal.
- The price is unbelievably low. For such a device that gives you ten different reverb modes, has an excellent design, true bypass and many more astounding features, the price that it comes with is equivalent to almost nothing. Worse reverbs cost more than this one. Why would you go for them?
- This tiny reverb is light, portable and fits into any set-up. But that does not mean that the reverb’s sounds are not astoundingly bright! Our tests confirmed that the tone came out really rich from this pedal.
- It is fully functional on a standard 9V battery. So no worries if you don’t have a power supply at hand.
- It is a versatile device that is likely to satisfy most of the guitar enthusiasts without a doubt.
- It can be quite critical to adjust this pedal during a performance. This can be an issue for some users.
- The power consumption is slightly high, but it is nothing you cannot fix with a suitable power supply.
- You might be a bit unsure about which reverb you have chosen until you start playing; for the knobs don’t click on each reverb.
Tc Electronic Hall Of Fame Manual
This Signal Path Pedal has a 5-inch x 3-inch x 4inch dimension and weighs only 14.1 ounces. It has a befitting design that is easy to use even if you are not a professional, and has great control features. This tiny reverb just might be the greatest pedal you have ever tried.
Like any other guitar pedal, some routine work will give this pedal a lasting life. For proper maintenance purposes, we would recommend you to do the following:
- Do everything you do for your other pedals; start from keeping it clean and things like that. This pedal will serve you for a long time.
- Don’t forget to turn the pedal off when you are not using it.
- Change your battery when the power comes down at its lowest. Usually you are supposed to change it every 4 hours of continuous use.
- Do not leave the battery inside after use. Even if you do sometimes, make sure to not leave it inside for more than a few days. It is very important that you remember it!
- If changing your battery every 4 hours seems too much for you, then we recommend you use a power supply when using it for more than 4 hours. It is better for the device as well.
- If you can maintain these things, we expect that the pedal will last for more than several years without a problem.
It is no wonder that a lot of people tried out this pedal and faced their own problems. So they asked for solutions for those troubles, and it is now our duty to provide you with the answers. Here are some of the frequently asked questions:
How long does the battery last?
The battery lasts 4 hours of constant use. For continuous use, users may get a separate power adapter for it.
Do I get a power adapter with the package?
No, there is no power adapter packed with the package. You may have to buy it separately.
Will the pedal last on battery powers through a live show?
It consumes a lot of power, so the battery will last about four hours. Get a power supply if your show runs longer than that.
How is this pedal different from Flashback pedals?
This is a Hall of Fame reverb pedal. The Flashback pedals are delay pedals.
Will this pedal be suitable for vocals?
It works with vocals as well as with some other instruments as well. However, This Hall of Fame pedal is particularly optimized for amazing performance with guitars.
Overall, the TonePrint Hall of Fame Signal Path is a great reverb pedal that will compliment your instrument in every way possible. What are you waiting for then? Go get this pedal and experience pure bliss.
There is a few store selling Hall of Fame Reverb on eBay. But I do recommend you using Amazon to get the best service!
There is Mini version of HOF (Hall Of Fame) Reverb Pedal. You can read my review about this pedal below: